Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Potty training

Well this past weekend we had a lot to do with our construction project so we knew we would be home all weekend. So we decided this would be the weekend of potty training Zachary. Let me start off by saying that my mom potty trained my first two. Being that my kids are so close in age I just couldn't stay consistent with it. So my mom took them each for a week at her house and they came home trained. Thanks mom! Now however we live in New York and that's not possible. I have to say I was a little scared about the situation. Zachary is a very good kid. He is very smart but oh so stubborn. He has to be he is the youngest. Well as much as I thought that would make our situation worse it actually made it better. Once he sat on the potty he wasn't getting up until he went. I would tell him "buddy go play and come back when you have to go" but he wouldn't. He sat until he went and went he did! So after one weekend of nakedness (this is the absolute key) we have a potty trained boy. My hubby is seeing dollar signs of all the cash we will be saving not buying anymore pull ups. So I am hoping he keeps up the good work, as this fall approaches and it will be a time of change for us all.

1 comment:

The POSHpreneur said...

OK something is wrong with my son because we did the whole naked thing and the lil booger just pissed on the floor! LOL