Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Race Day

Back in February, I bought my husband and I tickets to the Watkins Glen Nascar Race here in New York. So two weeks ago was race day. My parents came for the weekend to watch the kids for us. We had pit passes and spent the whole day there. The weather was on and off cloudy sunny but still really hot. Not a drop of rain! So we did everything we could possibly do before the start of the race and then headed to our seats. Literally 20 seconds before the announcer says "Gentlemen start your engines" he instead begins to tell us there is a storm coming and run for your life. Okay maybe not like that but basically like that. We had to leave the grandstands and take cover underneath. Below in the video I took of us "taking cover."

The race never did happen that day.

It was postponed until Monday the next day at noon, when my parents would be driving back home, therefore leaving us no sitter.

No we did not attend the race:-(

But we still did have a great day together!

P.S Why does the video always have to freeze on my face and make me look like some goof???

No comments: