Monday, June 22, 2009

Productivity and a Not so great Monday

My parents came for a visit from Ohio this weekend. We had really BIG plans of a lot of projects we needed to do. The unfortunate part about that is that 90% of the projects were outside and it rained in NY all weekend. We did have one nice day which was great and we worked hard the whole day. We did actually get a lot done so I was happy with that.

Tonight after dinner we decided to go to the YMCA and workout. Okay sounds like no big deal right? WRONG! We go to drop off the boys at the childcare room and our 2 youngest have meltdowns. Anyways, after 5 minutes of their crying we decide to just walk out and hopefully if we are gone they will stop. Not the case, by far, not the case. Zachary did stop crying and starting playing...woohoo! Cameron the middle child however was trying to climb the wall to get out of the room threw his shoes and cried for 10 minutes straight until we finally gave in and got them out. Its so frustrating because he is such a good kid. He just has this fear of us leaves him. I don't know what to do about it? When we came home from the Y we made Cameron go to bed. Not because he was upset when we left him in there but because of the way he acted: kicking, screaming, and throwing shoes. It was so hard for me to tuck him in. When we walked in his room I noticed he cleaned it before we left and made his bed. He just is so good about most things that when I have to punish him I have such a hard time. How do I get him to be comfortable with us dropping him off somewhere? I am freaking out because I am about to start nursing school and he will be with a nanny all day and have to go to preschool. Its just been one of those parenting days that you feel like a failure. I know that I am not a failure as a mother but I feel like maybe I have failed Cameron in the self confidence that he needs. I NEED to work on that.

Okay well that's my rant for today. Tomorrow is another day.

1 comment:

The POSHpreneur said...

yeah, mondays are ALWAYS crazy for me--and then I added the momtv show to boot! lol

I love love love our YMCA childcare!

we gotta chat because I will be in the rochester area in a few weeks :)