Thursday, June 11, 2009

I mean seriously, who carries cash anyway?

Good news! Today I found out that I was accepted into Nursing school. Woo-hoo. All my hard work paid off and this fall I will be a student. August 2010 I will officially be a nurse. So crazy. But more on that later.



The real reason for my post today has nothing to do with school. Today when I had my meeting at school I had to drive an hour to get there and it was lunch time. As I am approaching the fast food sector of the road I notice Subway. I think to myself, "self you should really eat Subway since it is healthier then a burger." After debating it in my head I pulled in to the Subway parking lot. I go in order my sandwich, fix my drink and the cashier rings me up. I hand her my debit card. She says "We only take cash." I have to process this for a second or two because who the hell doesn't accept credit cards? I for one NEVER have cash on me...EVER!

So to top this off before I left I saw her just throw my sandwich away. Now I used to be a manager for a fast food restaurant when I met my husband (he was my boss, that's a whole other post). If I was working and that happened to me I would just give the customer the sandwich on the house and explain next time we do not take credit cards. We had customers order and go to pay and totally forgot their wallet or whatever and we always gave it to them. We did not THROW the sandwich away! UGH!

So instead of the healthier lunch I tried to purchase I had to head over to BK for lunch because they were very happy to take my credit card! And secretly I was happy to be eating a juicy burger...haha. So bad!

No comments: